Once upon a time, the holidays, reimagined. It’s no longer a myth, we know that this Christmas will not bring together any of our old traditions.
In order to still celebrate the holidays, here are our best suggestions for activities to do at home:
- Learn to make a new dish;
- Eat breakfast in bed, and pimp it up with some mimosas;
- Volunteer for the organization of your choice (e.g.: help Moisson Montreal prepare their food donation baskets);
- Make thank you cards for health care workers;
- Prepare dishes for the elderly and leave them on the edge of their door;
- Buy a book from a Quebec author in an independent bookstore;
- Take a bubble bath while drinking your favourite wine;
- Make a playlist of your favourite songs and have a dance party;
- Contact people around you who might feel isolated;
- Watch and watch and watch Christmas movies, bundled up in your softest clothes. This year, we are indulging ourselves!
The holidays this year will indeed be very different. Let us remember that this is a necessary and temporary effort, but above all, that the best is yet to come. We hope that your 2020 holidays bring you joy and peace of mind. Cheers to 2021, year of all great hopes!
Florence Paquet | Project manager